The list below includes submissions and publications by Éan, but also relevant publications by our members, by the government, and information on ongoing research.
If you have any suggestions or would like add something to this list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Éan press releases
- Submission to Task Force on Active Citizenship – 2006
- Contribution on Broadcasting (Amendment) Act – 2007
- Ireland and the Irish Abroad: Report of the Task Force on Policy Regarding Emigrants, 2002
- Irish Emigrants and Irish Communities Abroad: A study of existing sources of information and analysis for the Task Force on Policy Regarding Emigrants – by Bronwen Walter with Breda Gray, Linda Almeida Dowling, and Sarah Morgan, 2002
- “Still leaving: Recent, vulnerable emigrants to the UK: profile, experiences, and pre-departure solutions” – Emigrant Advice
- “The Return of Older Irish Migrants: An assessment of needs and issues” by Nessa Winston for the Irish Episcopal Commission for Emigrants. 2002. [Summary available online.]
Ongoing research by members
- Children and Return Migration: Chldren’s and young people’s experiences of moving to Ireland with their return migrant parent(s) – Caitríona Ní Laoire, Department of Geography, University College Cork
- Returning to Ireland: An online questionnaire surveying those returned from abroad or thinking about returning – Michael Curran
- Irish 2 Project – 2002
- Room to Roam: England’s Irish Travellers – Colm Power for Action Group for Irish Youth, 2004
- The Irish in Britain – Commission for Racial Equality, 1997
- The multiple experiences of migrancy, Irishness, and home among Contemporary Irish immigrants in Melbourne, Australia - Patricia Mary O’Connor (PhD thesis).
- Mortality among second generation Irish in England and Wales – John Haskey, BMJ, 1996
- Mental health of Irish people in Britain – A Mind.org.uk factsheet